10 Reasons to Attend the Hartford HUG Event on July 29
1. LearnKeeping up with the latest trends in the world of digital marketing is daunting for a digital marketing agency, and I don’t know how businesses without a dedicated staff do it. The event’s topic will focus on business blogging, and cover the How, Why, Who, and So What of blogging. It’s one of the hottest topics for businesses who want to get found in today’s digital landscape.
2. Emma SniderEmma Snider runs the HubSpot Sales blog, and she has grown traffic over 500% in one year. In this role, she oversees and recruits guest contributors, produces an average of 10 posts per week, and supports lead generation goals for the HubSpot CRM. Prior to joining HubSpot, she was an HR technology journalist for TechTarget.
She is producing more blog posts in a week than most businesses publish in a month (or 2 or 3). You are guarenteed to leave knowing more about business blogging than you do now.
3. HubSpotHubSpot is on a mission to make the world more inbound, one business transformation after another. You don't need to be a HubSpot customer to benefit from the event, but you may want to be one after learning about everything HubSpot enables a business to do.
4. NetworkGetting out from behind your computer is a necessary part of inbound. There will be a great mix of people in the room. HubSpot experts and newbies, HubSpot Partners and HubSpot Clients and those new to HubSpot, sales coaches and sales people, Marketing Directors and Marketing Coordinators, Creative writers and copywriters. We anticipate around 50 attendees so there will be plenty of people to meet.
5. Get a jobI know of at least three people coming because they are looking for internal marketing help. Good writers are in short-supply and high-demand. If you can execute what Emma will speak about, there will be plenty of people interested in you.
6. PeersPublic validation that you are not alone with your struggles and successes is a wonderful thing. One of the best things about HubSpot is their culture and the community they built around the product. Hubspotters are some of the most passionate and outgoing people you will ever meet.
7. reSETThese guys have the best networking events in Hartford. They are an accelerator, an incubator, a co-working space, a space for mentors to give advice, and for businesses to learn from mentorship. Several times per month, reSET hosts events like Flight Night, Mentor Mash, Impact Challenge, and host a variety of workshops. They have graciously invited us to use their space for the event and are as excited as Hubspotters to learn more.
8. Impress a client
A HUG group is a wealth of knowledge about HubSpot, about marketing, and about business. Bring your clients and share the wealth with them. Happy clients stay longer and give better referrals.
9. Impress a prospect
Same principle as #7. Prospects will be impressed that you brought them along. A room full of energy and fantastic knowledge transfer will make you look like a thought leader. Worst case scenario: guilty by association?
10. FreeWho doesn’t like free? Free food, free drinks, and no entry fee!
So, see you there? And don't forget to bring a friend.